Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Starbucks in Cape Town continued...

For the past two years the single most popular post on my blog has been Starbucks in Cape Town. If you google "Starbucks" and "Cape Town", you will find my blog near the top of the list.

Although I would like to be known for more than my addiction to overpriced lattes, I understand fellow travelers and expat's longing for a good Caramel Macchiato or an occasional Gingerbread latte, that little taste of home.

Thankfully Starbucks coffee is now for sale in Checkers grocery stores all over South Africa (although it has been sold out for the past month and a half). At about $12 a bag, it's not too bad a price. But I think most people would agree that the amazingness of Starbucks isn't in the beans, it's in the delicious drinks that can only be found in the stores.

So I am shamelessly campaigning to bring Starbucks to South Africa. Please view my post on the Starbucks Idea board and vote for it to help bring Starbucks to Cape Town.

P.S. Yes, I do have more important things to do with my time, but it's about 100 degrees outside and I was craving a Strawberries and Cream Frappuccino more than anything and had to do something about it.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...